With the hustle and bustle of the holidays and the new year just around the corner, now is the perfect time to gear up for 2018.
Okay, maybe now seems like a terrible time to be planning for 2018 because of all the hustle and bustle. But if you haven’t started planning 2018 yet, you’re running out of time. It’ll be here before you know it!
I am one to re-evaluate my goals often – roughly every quarter. So this falls right within with my timeline. I learned a long time ago that nothing happens by accident and what gets tracked gets done. This was not an easy lesson to learn and by no means comes to me easily, either.
The act of looking at my goals, readjusting, and replanning is quite relaxing and, simultaneously, invigorating for me. When I get things on paper, it empties my anxious thoughts out of my crowded brain. I start to really be honest about the things I want to accomplish over the next 3, 6, 9 months, and I start to get really excited. Excited at the thought of trying out new things – or retrying old things with new strategies. It gives me a fresh slate and shows me that I’m no quitter.
At this particular time of year, I also don’t like waiting until after the New Year to get started on my new objectives. I actually start to form a few new habits right away so I’m not trying to make so many adjustments all at once. It’s also a little mind trick I play on myself so I feel like I have a head start in some imaginary race.
So in the spirit of accountability and giving you all some things to look forward to, here are a few things I am committing to in 2018:
- Weekly blog posts – Yay!!
- Eating clean and achieving a healthier body fat percentage – there are obvious health and cosmetic benefits that comes with eating healthier but also a potential health issue has come to light. As more information becomes available, I will be sure to share more.
- Becoming more organized – I will begin utilizing a weekly/monthly cleaning routine and sharing more about that journey.
- Becoming more financially fit – including getting out of debt.
- Spending more time on Snapchat – I know. This seems a little indulgent, and maybe it is. I’ve really been able to cultivate some long-lasting relationships on Snapchat and I miss doing that on a more regular basis. So I’m giving myself permission to do it more and love it. Add me – @morganharrell85
While these are just a few, these are some lofty goals and I look forward to sharing my journey with you in the coming weeks and months.
Now it’s time for you to share – What are some of your objectives for 2018? Do you have a plan of action? Please share in the comments!
2 thoughts on “‘Tis the Season … to Plan for Next Year!”
Thank you! Do you have your objectives for 2018 all set? 😂😂😘